It’s a long weekend! Yay!
Actually it doesn’t matter to me because I work from home (yes, I work in my pajamas), but it’s always great to have one extra full day with my husband. We went to Sydney last Sunday for IKEA shopping and trying the famous Ippudo Ramen, and we’re planning to go back to Sydney again this weekend to pick up the IKEA desk that was not available last week.
Blogging-wise, this week has been really great. A couple of blogs (1,2) linked my Valentine’s Printable Breakfast in Bed Kit which brought A LOT of new visitors to my blog, and so many new likers on my facebook page and twitter followers (thank you!). Craftgawker has been really helpful, too. If you have never heard of check out Craftgawker, you should. A lot of people says it’s as addictive as Pinterest. They also have foodgawker, weddinggawker, dwellinggawker and stylegawker. So, Gawk Away!
Lots of interesting finds this week, as you can see in the collage above. Let’s see what they are:
- Photography Lab branding in the US by Matchstic via world’s best design blog (in my opinion), Fancy!
- I swear I have been thinking of ways to make my own simple homemade stamps for the past few weeks. I thought of using potatoes, but the thought of stamping using food is just…. not gonna happen for me. Thanks to Lisa Tilse who shared her tutorial on craft tuts, now I know a clever way to create simple homemade stamps!
- Dutch Illustrator LouLou & Tummie and their own brand’s very cute & illustrative branding designs
- Japan, you’ve done it again. That country makes everything looks cute, from cookies to murder game intro video (remember Battle Royale?). Now, who would dare to eat this cute owl cookie made by Japanese Pastry shop Henteco? Thanks to My Owl Barn for sharing.
- I’m not really into photography, but this kind of photography, I like! I like dramatic photography that tells a story with just one photograph. Especially when the set up is a suburban house or town. Photography by Cerise Doucede via TheArtistAndHisModel
- I know this tutorial is old, but you can apply this to many other occasions, not just christmas. Christmas “Chalkboard” Packaging tutorial via Going Home to Roost
And to recap the wonderful week I had in Design is Yay!
- Illustrative Valentine’s Day Cards Roundup
- The favorite: Valentine’s Day Printable Breakfast in Bed Kit!
- One of my fave illustrator, Helen Dardik
- Printable Australian Animals Flashcards
- Prints Prints Prints!
Have a great weekend everyone!
If you’re an Australian, Happy Australia Day, and have a great long weekend!