Stork is a universal way to announce arrival of a baby. Regardless of what your baby shower theme is, these printable storks will work as favors, decoration or place cards. The jelly beans can also announce the gender of a baby. Red and pink jelly beans for girls, and blue jelly beans for boys. I can’t find any blue jelly beans, so I’ve decided to make the other one green and purple, which can be used for either boys or girls.
Materials: Jelly Beans Stork Favors template, Adobe Reader (free download), A4 card stock in 180-220 gsm thickness, colour printer, scissors, x-acto knife, embellishment brads, transparent sticky tape, twine or string, Cellophane bags (I used 10 x 15 cm size), jelly beans
- Cut out the storks & wings from the template
- Using needles or the sharp point of x-acto knife, create holes on where the arrows point. You don’t have to make perfect round holes. Insert embellishment brads into the overlapping holes.
- Cut the cellophane bag into triangle shape, making sure that the opening is on top. I used a 10×15 cm cello bags. You can use anything bigger or smaller, but that means that the storks’ bundle will be bigger or smaller.
- Put in jelly beans in the colours of your choice into the triangle cello bags. The mouth of the cello bags should be on top and the other sides are closed.
- Gather the two sides of the triangle together, and scrunch together. Secure with long and thin sticky tape. Trip the top with scissors.
- Stick the jelly beans bundle at the back of the stork’s beak using long and thin sticky tape. Flip the stork, tie string or twine around the beak and the jelly beans bundle to secure them.
- Stick onto straws, lollipop sticks, bamboo sticks for baby shower favor or decorations.