I am 28 years old woman who still play with toys. If you don’t think I’m weird, then we should be friends :)
I have been collecting vinyl toys (or in their younger years people call them “designer toys”) ever since I was in my first year uni. I bought my first vinyl toys at the Semi Permanent 2004 in Sydney. Ever since then, I’m kinda addicted to opening blind boxes. My friends often buy me blind boxes for my birthday too.
One evening not too long ago, I went to Kmart and found this wooden dollhouse.
So I had a great idea to buy a home for some of my vinyl toys. However, as you can see the design is quite plain and there’s that very cheesy quote….
Anyway, I decided to put wallpaper inside the toy house and make it more stylish. As you all know, I love simple DIYs. This DIY is very suitable for kids too (a school holiday project maybe?). And of course, kids would love to have a house for all their favourite toys! Here is how I did it in 3 simple steps:
1. For this project, you need: a plain wooden doll house or toy house, tracing paper, scissors, mod podge or super glue and the toy house wallpaper patterns.
2. Trace the shape and size of the toy house that you want to put wallpapers on with the tracing paper.
3. Cut the lines that you have drawn on tracing paper on top of the pattern paper of your choice. Adhere the pattern paper to the toy house background using Mod Podge or Super Glue. Easy!
Now, where can I get the toy house wallpaper from, you ask? There are a lot of options to choose from, depending on your pattern/colour preferences. You can use:
- Your favourite wrapping or scrapbooking paper
- Choose from this wide range of printable patterns from Creative Market (they have A LOT of patterns & colour themes to choose from and the prices are affordable. Plus you can re-use them for a lot of things!)
- Use my toy house wallpaper, which you can download here.
Do you like easy DIY projects like this? What other easy DIY projects have you done?
If you like this post, you might also like: DIY Matryoshka Dolls
This post is not sponsored by any of the brands mentioned above. But there affiliated links throughout this website, which means we will earn commission if you decided to make a purchase from those businesses.