Below we’ll hear from Veega, a good friend of mine, about her romantic getaway to Maastricht, Holland.
1. Are you a local or a traveller?
I’m a traveller
2. When were you in (Maastricht, Holland), and on what purpose?
My husband and I were visiting some relatives who lives in Holland in October 2013. While we were there, we decided to have our own getaway to this little town called Maastricht for 2 days.
3. What do you like about Maastricht?
It’s a very old town with beautiful riverbank that split the city in to two. Although most people would say that Paris is the most romantic city in the world, I personally think that Maastricht is. The town is surrounded with beautiful old architecture and antique shops. To me, it’s heaven on earth.
4. One best experience/moment you had.
I live in Jakarta where I don’t really have the chance to walk in the city. So while we were in Maastricht, the best experience for me was to have the chance to explore the town by foot, especially with the cool weather and beautiful buildings that surrounded me.
5. Five places/activities/eats recommended by you.
- Do a walking city tour.
Start from the Maastricht train station then passing the city walls, park, Jekerkwartier, Vrijthof square and many other highlights of Maastricht.
- Patisserie Royale – Have slice of cake or bread from this old bakery in Wycker Brugstraat.
- Il Giardino – a great Italian restaurant with great choices for pasta, meat & wine located in Onze Lieve Vrouweplein.
- Douwe Egberts – it’s a famous coffee brand from Holland. Sit and enjoy a cup of coffee after your long walk.
- Design Hotel – boutique hotel with modern design near Maastricht station. Very convenient and just like the name, the rooms are well-designed.
All images are taken by Veega.
Thanks Veega for the beautiful story about your journey! Love travelling? I’d love to hear from you! Email me at email@example.com with a little story about the best trip you’ve had in your life.